Saturday, April 18, 2009

Confessions: Why Women Cheat


Confessions: Why Women Cheat



All it takes is just one text, one phone call or even one look. And that is it. I can't seem to control myself. I find an excuse, a reason to leave, or to be left alone. He has that much power over me, and I like it. All the things I've invested in for years will be lost if I get caught; but do I care? Not at the moment. Right now, I just want to feel his teeth pull on my lower lip, his hand up my shirt, and the roughness of his day old beard against my skin.



 I hate the lying, the sneaking around, the hushed tones, and the awkward silences. I hate it all. But, I love the thrill, the anticipation, and the surprises. I'm really in a difficult place. He's smart, charming, loving, self confident, funny, eloquent, educated, talented, motivated, sexy...you get the point. Everything a woman wants and then some, but some how I can't stop myself from doing these things.



My back against the wall, three buttons undone and pencil skirt hiked up, I feel as if I'm in a romance novel, only problem is, I'm not. This scene is as far away from romantic as possible. I'm on the back porch at his brother’s house making out like a repressed teenager, while my boyfriend is inside being congratulated by all our friends and family. I know this sounds horrible. It’s absolutely wrong. There's no excuse for any of this, but somehow, I can't seem to let go.



I always promise myself that the last time was the last time, until I find myself wrapped up in his arms swearing to myself again that this time is truly the last time. At times, I wonder what gets me. Is it the lack of charm and the unruly hair? Maybe it’s the nonchalant way he walks and talks, like nothing could ever matter. Oh, right now, I can't think, I can’t think straight at all. His hands are sliding further up my thighs and....



If you're still puzzled, the answer is yes. Women do cheat. It happens more often than most men would like to know or even care to find out. Obviously, just because I do it doesn't mean that all women do. I don't mean to ruin it for the other girls who have their story right, and neither am I saying because your girl came home late from work she's doing it too. This is my story, my experience, and my weakness.



There are so many reasons to for you to judge me and call me ungrateful, stone hearted and other names I'd rather not think about. But I'm not the only one. Today, statistics show that women are now, more than ever, the ones being unfaithful in relationships. Searching for an excuse for my infidelity, I came up with 5 main reasons women cheat.





5. It's Over: you just don't know it yet. As opposed to going through the drama and heart ache of breaking up, sometimes we choose to move on and hope that you catch up and do the same. Some men are beyond hard headed. They have that Pharaoh spirit that just won't let go. Sometimes, it’s just the easy way out.



4. Payback: So you cheated and she forgave you. Unfortunately, she didn't forget. You might never find out, but that doesn't matter. To her, she has leveled the playing field. In other words, she got her lick back.



3.Emotionally Single: Even though you two are a "couple", to her, you might as well be single. Her emotional needs are important. Never forget to tell you her that she's beautiful, listen to her when she's ranting about nothing, and don't hesitate to remind her that you love her.



2.Missionary Dissatisfaction: You wouldn't want to eat plain broiled chicken for breakfast lunch and dinner, everyday! Why do you think she wants it the same way every time? Once it becomes monotonous and mechanical, we run for the hills. We want variety, a little fun. Simply changing positions or location can solve this problem.



1. Eve Syndrome: When Eve ate that apple, it invented one of the worst sins ever, LUST. Plain and simple. Wanting what one does not have. For some women, a forbidden fruit tastes better than the lavish spread on the table. It’s in the DNA.







Even after all these reasons, I still cannot tell what I'm doing here. I love my man, he’s perfect, he knows that, but I still can't deny the satisfaction I get with my back against a brick wall on a muggy Texas night. There has to be reason. I can't tell any of my friends, or even any of my family. Who do I confide in at a time like this? How long can I keep this up? How long can this last?



This is obviously a bad time to bring this up. It’s a little too late to be asking these questions. As the he passes the ring to the Pastor, I feel my knees begin to buckle. I am reminded of the back porch episode from the night before at the engagement party. I smile back at the memory and turn around to the man of my dreams only to watch him promise me forever. Unfortunately, all I can think of is the man behind him. The one who is not only his best man, but also his best friend, and not just a friend but also his own blood brother? I have no clue how I got into this but even worse; I don't think I want to get out!
















No comments:

Post a Comment